Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Disabled Christmas 2010

A christmas tree.Image via WikipediaThis year I endured disabled surgery
And read disabled books
I contributed to a disabled charity
And thwarted disabled crooks

I sailed on a disabled cruise
And piloted my disabled iBot
I sat for disabled interviews
And the good disabled fight, I fought

I starved myself on a disabled diet
And took a disabled shot at a deer
I appreciated nature, and disabled quiet
And quaffed many a disabled beer

I hand-peddled my disabled bike
And hand-drove my disabled van
I spent disabled time with people I like
And I was a loyal, disabled, sports fan

I spent too much money on disabled wheelchair parts
And I made many a disabled friend
I touched a few disabled hearts
And a thousand disabled emails, I did send

It’s not that life is unfair
As you know, I’m not one to complain
You play the cards that are dealt you
If you live in the jungle, you better enjoy the rain

So during this holiday season
I urge you to seek out contentment
Don’t spend time searching for a reason
To feel self-pity, jealousy, or resentment

I’ll end my cryptic verse right here
And offer this sentiment to those most dear
I wish you a Merry Disabled Christmas
And a Happy Disabled New Year!
Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

  1. Bravo :)

    Merry Christmas to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Happy Christmas -- you're way more 'abled' than disabled!!
    Peace,
    Muff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mitch, us diabled people often forget to smell the roses. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and all the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Mitch to you and yours. Your positive attitude lightens the way for all of us. Thank you, and Have a good 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you! =)

    What a great jingle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After such a full year of doing much good
    Rest and enjoy the holidays as you should
    Spend quality time with family and friends
    Take care of yourself, for on you we depend
    Our source of MS news and weekly cheer
    Merry Christmas my friend and Happy New Year

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weeble,
    Thank you, and Merry Christmas to the whole Weeble family.

    Muff,
    You may be right. Merry Christmas.

    Lesyle,
    Right back atcha!

    Webster,
    Glad you liked. Happy New Year!

    Have Myelin,
    Merry Christmas!

    Charlie,
    I think everyone has had their fill. I'll stop writing poetry, if you will. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mitch,
    You don't know me but I feel like I've gotten to know you thru your blog. I think I first got to "know" a little about you by way of the This is MS msgbd. (Wheelchair Kamikazee and Loobie's blogs,too)

    I don't usually post but I just wanted you to know - "Man you just hit the nail on the head" so many times for me. Sometimes I feel like you're in my head expressing so many thoughts and feelings I have experienced over these many years (diag. 1984). It's actually kinda freaky☺ but comforting as well.
    So I hope I can be added to your list of 'many a disabled friend' because you certainly have touched my disabled heart - as your poem so aptly describes. You've got a gift for writing - the good, the bad, and the ugly parts.
    THANKS! Your blog is a Godsend to many of us. God Bless you and yours!
    Back at ya for a "Happy Neurologically Challenged New Year"!
    Dee/OH

    ReplyDelete