Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Holidays 2011

christmas 2007
(Photo credit: paparutzi)
This little blog brings me great joy.  I’ve been able to connect with so many wonderful people who I otherwise would never have come to know.  The notion that my writing has helped a few folks in any way is the icing on the cake.

So, thank you so much for stopping by and reading my posts and leaving your comments.  I wish you all a happy and (relatively) healthy holiday season and a joyful new year. 

Please check back in 2012 for more useless drivel, sarcastic nonsense, blatant self-pity, amateurish videos, and (I suppose) the occasional hidden nugget of wisdom.  I’ve got a few surprises in mind already. 

I tried to compose a new Christmas poem this year, but it was beyond awful.  I guess the verse I came up with last year was a one time flash of creativity, such as it was, so I’ll share it with you again.  Enjoy. 

Merry Disabled Christmas

Image via WikipediaThis year I endured disabled surgery
And read disabled books
I contributed to a disabled
charity
And thwarted disabled
crooks

I sailed on a disabled
cruise
And piloted my disabled
iBot
I sat for disabled
interviews
And the good disabled fight, I
fought

I starved myself on a disabled
diet
And took a disabled shot at a
deer
I appreciated nature, and disabled
quiet
And quaffed many a disabled beer

I hand-peddled my disabled
bike
And hand-drove my disabled
van
I spent disabled time with people I
like
And I was a loyal, disabled, sports
fan

I spent too much money on disabled wheelchair parts
And I made many a disabled
friend
I touched a few disabled hearts
And a thousand disabled emails, I did send

It’s not that life is unfair
As you know, I’m not one to complain
You play the cards that are dealt you
If you live in the jungle, you better enjoy the rain

So during this holiday season
I urge you to seek out contentment
Don’t spend time searching for a reason
To feel self-pity, jealousy, or resentment

I’ll end my cryptic verse right here
And offer this sentiment to those most dear
I wish you a Merry Disabled Christmas
And a Happy Disabled New Year!

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Damned good disabled poem. Have a Merry Christmas, disabled or not.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your journey and inspiring us each to enjoy the ride :). Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your posts and now poetry too! Hope your family has a wonderful holiday week!

    ReplyDelete