Wednesday, October 14, 2015

I Know Things

I know I can become a better person.
I think I’m on the right track.

I know I can lead a contented life, given my current circumstances.
I don’t know if this will always hold true.

I know democracy is superior to every other form of governance so far conceived by mankind.
I hope we discover an even better form – a government based on thoughtful, intelligent discourse rather than mind-numbing political rhetoric.

I know one day we’ll cure MS.
I fear it will be too late for me.

I know Lance Armstrong cheated in a big way.
I’m pretty sure Tom Brady didn’t cheat in even a small way, because he said so, and he’s freaking Tom Brady.

I know that I if I write a little every day, I’ll finish my book.
I wonder, though, if I’ll ever consider myself a writer.

I know questions of a moral nature are best resolved by choosing the path that maximizes human well-being.
I believe, eventually, this concept will win the day.

I know I love my wife more than anything.
I hope she understands this, even if I don’t say it often enough.

I know that tomorrow the sun will rise in the east and set in the west.
I still believe each day has the potential to be amazing.

I know that, like everybody, one day I’ll die.
But I still have a lot of living left to do.

What do you know?

6 comments:

  1. I know that I admire you and Kim and continue to be in awe of your courage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the pressure to be profound here. Resisting that, I can say that I know who Lance Armstrong is but I had to look up Tom Brady. And I know that was a lovely piece you wrote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what Judy said is true and your posts help me on my own ride. And I know that the fact that Daphne had to look up Tom Brady is hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I know that Tom Brady is almost a universal figure like the Pope, Pres. Obama, or Caitlyn Jenner, but there are still pockets where he is not a household name. I'm glad my posts are helpful to you :-)

      Delete