Friday, May 30, 2014

Two Important MS Videos

My friend Kate Milliken is a talented and tireless advocate for people with MS. Here is her message:
My name is Kate Milliken and I have spent the past year building an online platform called MyCounterpane.com which allows people to tell their stories via their emotional ups and downs. Because I live with MS, this has been my first market, and I have decided that all of us need to be celebrated to give people who don't know about MS a look into who we are, what we know, and how we feel. I made a video about some of our original MCP members to send to the Ellen Degeneres show. Their stories are individual, yet the attention on them represents all of us, and that’s why I am hell bent to Get MS on Ellen (#MSonEllen). 

I am an active participant at MyCounterpane.com. I recommend all people with MS consider contributing there. But Kate's message today is about her video to Ellen Degeneres, below (or click here).



The second video I want to share with you was produced by a UK based MS group called Shift.ms. The short piece is called "Circle of Truth," and humorously depicts a young woman deciding whether or not to disclose her MS at work. See below (or click here).


3 comments:

  1. Two good sites, Mitch! And I had never heard of either of them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the links. i have often thought that we MS bloggers are "preaching to the choir." maybe getting this story on ellen's show will help expand our reach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daphne and Stephen, I am glad you liked the links. I've been working with Kate on her project for over a year, but I just heard of shift.MS recently.

    ReplyDelete